Sunday, August 24, 2008

Updates

I can't believe its been so long between entries. I've been trying to get some pictures on here and I give up. I'll just update everyone then work on pictures again.

40 YEAR CLASS REUNION

Yep, its been 40 years since graduating. There were so many there and we got to tour the new Auditorium and the new campus. Man has things changed-but a lot of good memories. The high school is now where the elementary school was-and the classrooms where I attended grade school an also taught Art classes my senior year- that's now the high school. That felt weird- but cool also. The building is in a horseshoe shape and between the two wings is a courtyard that our class is putting cement, eating tables, trees/flowers- a really cool place to hang out. They kept the bricks from the old high school and are engraving them and putting them in the courtyard forming the letters of HHS. I bought one of the bricks-I'm anxious to go back up when they are finished to see it. We had 10 of our teachers there for the evening meal- I did not realize that most of our teachers weren't much older than us- just 3-5 yrs. So they are still alive and talking about their grandchildren like us. The one teacher- Mr. Jay Clark that I babysat for- recognized me we had a long talk. Mr Haywood was there-he looks the same but his health was a little frail- I believe he is approaching 80. Dick Heward was there but his eye sight is failing him- so me and Brent went to get him for the Sat. Dinner. I won the Bonco games and almost won the most grandchildren- Beverly McGee won it by 2 more than me. All was great fun and it was a blast renewing friendships. I've been waiting for pictures and a report on the reunion but I believe we had 40+ at the Sat. Dinner and there were some that came Friday night that couldn't come Sat. It was FAB!!!!!

NEXT-July 26 GOING TO CAMERON & AMANDA's LOVED IT!

Sat- when we arrived we went strait to the canyons and picknicked and hiked- it was beautiful. Just hanging out with them was absolutely wonderful and when we headed to thier home we went to see the new Harley Davidson place. Cameron and Brent were dreweling on stuff so we had to leave. Then Sunday we were able to go to Scott & Paula's for dinner and to get to know Ryan & new wife Kelley( I think I spelled the name wrong- but she is a real keeper- they are so cute togather). We ate this meal that Amanda made - it was amaizing- she is such a great cook. We played card games and some played on the wii. We watched a storm roll in from Camerons frunt porch- and saw a beautiful rainbow- It was great being with them-the boys are growing too fast. Then home again and to work.

August 24- WARD BOUNDRY CHANGE
Today we had our ward boundries change and a new bishopric. I thought they might be taking the two wards and making a third but they just realigned them. It looks like our primary is taking a quantem leap. The new bishop is from the other ward-Some of the oldtimers know them they have been here 8 yrs.- We don't know them but everyone seems to be excited that do know them- I'm anxious to see what all happens now with the change and get to know the new members that we are gaining.

1 comments:

Sassy said...

I loved seeing the update!!!! I haven't seen Holbrook High School in YEARS! I probably wouldn't even recognize it or Holbrook for that matter...haven't been home in sooooo long. It would be nice to see the old teachers...What a fun trip up to see the Harley Davidsons...oh I meant to say up to see the kids...LOL This blogging is so fun and nice way to keep touch with everyone. Good luck with new ward changes...that is always exciting and scary just to see where you'll be put.